Saturday, September 25, 2010

David Milton Peek III


Mills,
I have been putting a lot of thought into this post and what I should write. I have come to realize there are absolutely no words to even begin to adequately explain the way I felt the day you were born. There's no way I could tell you how much my life changed the second I looked at your face. It is impossible to put into words the way my heart overflowed with joy when you looked into my eyes. My only hope is that one day you will be able to experience it for yourself.
Your dad and I checked into the hospital the night before you were born. I was scheduled to be induced early the next morning. You had your own plans, and I was in labor all day until you were born at 7:42 PM, September 16th. Both sides of our families had been waiting all day, but oh my goodness, you were worth the wait! Your dad was so wonderful. He kept the ice chips coming and kept me calm and collected (as much as possible).
I'll never forget Dr. Loncar placing you on my chest. You were absolutely beautiful. My heart melted, and I had never felt instant, overwhelming love that way. I instantly knew I would spend the rest of my life making sure that you were safe and happy. I wasn't the only one. I can't explain what I saw in your dad the first time he held you. He instantly morphed from the man I loved into someone more, someone greater. I knew he felt the exact same way I did. I had to demand that he hand you to me... He wanted to hog you for himself!
My promise to you, my precious little boy, is that I will love you forever. Nothing could ever change that. Thank you for making me a mom. It's the absolute greatest. You definitely have my heart. There are a lot of pictures I want to share from that day.
Daddy and Grandaddy waiting for your arrival.

The first moment I saw you.

Daddy holding you for the first time.
So very proud!

You already looked just like your Dad.
Papa with his first gradson. He brought you the cutest little baseball glove to the hospital.
Daddy changing his first diaper.

Mammy and Mills.
Your sweet aunts just love you to death.

Grandmother loving on you.
Sweet Granny
Uncle Charlie and Aunt Ashley hung with us until late that night. We can't wait for Kitty to get here!
Your Aunt Callie was so sweet to wait for you to get here. It was so amazing for me to see her holding you.
Uncle Dan scooped you right out of your bassinet.
Cousin Buck said, "I like Mills!"
Taking a nap together.

Taking a nap with Daddy.
Your sweet cousins. Caroline kept calling you "Little Darlin'", and Bibby was soo sweet and gentle with you.

Ragan came from Birmingham to see you.
I have such sweet friends!
Mymama and Pop checking you out.
Aunt Donna came to hold you.
Heading home from the hospital. Puddin had smocked you the sweetest little day gown to wear home, and both you and I left in pajamas. When they told us we could leave, we ran!
My little angel. The day after you were born, your dad looked at me and said, "There's no way someone couldn't believe in God after going through that." He is absolutely right. Simply put, you are nothing short of a miracle. I have no idea what I did to deserve this kind of happiness. You are a very much loved little boy, and we are so blessed.

1 comment:

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker