Saturday, September 11, 2010

Pregnancy Wrap-Up

Well, Aunt Ragan asked for this, and since things are about to get hectic, I am going ahead and writing it. I have 5 MORE DAYS of pregnancy, and it is blowing my mind! I am absolutely overwhelmed by emotions. While I must admit one of them is fear, it is overshadowed by extreme excitement. I cannot wait to see what my little man looks like. I cannot wait to hold him in my arms and kiss his soft skin. I cannot wait to witness Dave seeing his son for the first time. I cannot wait for my dad to hold his first grandson. I just can't wait.

Pregnancy has been a roller coaster to say the least. A lot has happened since I've been carrying Mills. I was the maid of honor in my best friend's wedding, I lost my precious grandfather, and Dave lost his sweet grandmother. We have definitely had lessons in life, death, love, and God's wonderful work.

I've had 9 months of on-again-off-again morning sickness and horrible stomach pains. At the same time I have had the joy of carrying a very active little boy who lets me play with his feet while he's in my belly and gets hiccups at least twice a day. I've only slept for around 4 hours a night the past month, but I've also carried him to the Bahamas and North Carolina. I've watched David's face light up when he tells people he's about to be a father, and I've gotten tears in my eyes seeing moms with their babies. It's been quite an experience.

Now... I'm ready. Pregnancy is an incredible journey that you cannot explain to people that haven't gone through it. I must say there are parts I really will miss, but I am ready for this part to be over and Mills to be here. I have waddled long enough! My little guy is getting evicted.

This past Tuesday we went to the doctor to find out that I am, dissappointingly, still only a fingertip dilated and 70% effaced. We had an ultrasound that said Mills was measuring 7 pounds, 13 ounces, and that his head is still measuring 3 weeks early! Doctor Loncar said he feels bigger than what he measured, so it will be very interesting to see. We go back Tuesday to see if we go to the hospital Wednesday night or Thursday morning, but either way, he will be here Thursday!! I couldn't be more excited. I guess my next post will be pictures of my baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker