Saturday, September 11, 2010

A Year and a Half of Wedded Bliss

On September 6th, David and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary. David cooked an eggplant parmesan recipe that we found online from a restaurant called Scalinis. They are famous for having sent over 300 women into labor after eating their delicious dish. While it was very tasty, 5 days later... I am still pregnant.

During the blessing Dave, as serious as could be, thanked God for an incredible year and a half of marriage! What can I say, we are both the babies of our families and from starting to date to actually married, we were only together for 9 months. Getting used to each other took a little bit of time! However, we knew quickly that it was meant to be, and at least I can say that I wouldn't change a thing.

Honestly, I never knew that life could be this abundantly happy and that all begins with the wonderful man I married. God really knows what he's doing. At the time we met, we had both just gotten out of long relationships and vowed to be single for awhile. Neither one of us was looking for someone to love. Also, right when we started dating I lost one of my closest friends to a car wreck. Dave, this incredible pillar of strength, was there to hold me up and comfort me. He was so kind and wonderful, and I don't know how I would have gotten through it without him. Even though we had only been casually dating for a short while at the time, I knew he was truly special and meant to be a part of my life.

The laughter in our house is constant. It is so much fun to be married to someone who you truly love spending time with and who honestly is my best friend. My prayers every single night start with, "Thank you God for David," and it's an incredible feeling to know that they will for the rest of my life.

A couple of days before our anniversary, Dave surprised me with a second wedding band. It is an anniversary and baby present and is absolutely gorgeous! I am so lucky. I am so excited to be starting a family with someone I love so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker