Monday, July 26, 2010

North Carolina

This past weekend David and I went to North Carolina with his parents and had an absolute blast. They are so sweet to take us on great vacations, and this was our last hoorah with them before little man gets here. It was a long trip on some curvy mountain roads, but Linda told me I laughed harder than she had ever heard me laugh before on the car ride. My father-in-law is quite the character and kept me cracking up the whole trip.

One of the waterfalls we saw on the way there:



On the ride there, Linda told us about a city in North Carolina named Brevard. There are white squirrels there that escaped from a circus truck. After some convincing (and checking the internet), we finally believed her. Our mission then became to find a white squirrel!
Linda asking where we could find one:

A sweet, young college boy overheard us asking and told us to look at Brevard College... Big David tipped him well for his information. When we first arrived at the college, all we saw was a grey squirrel. Big David wanted his money back, but after some hard searching, he finally found us a white squirrel!


The first 2 nights we stayed in Hendersonville, right outside of Ashville. It is the cutest city with a great downtown. They have these painted bears everywhere:
On Friday we went to the Biltmore. To say I was impressed is a huge understatement. I walked through the whole house with my mouth wide open. It is really something to see.


I was so proud of myself for making it through the whole house. It was extremely hot, and the house has no A/C. It was worth it!

On the way home, we stopped at the Ocoee River to watch a few rafters.

Thank you Big David and Linda for such an incredible trip!

1 comment:

  1. I hoped you stayed clear of that "Washing Machine" rapid!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker